Saturday, November 16, 2013

Visual Studio 2012 Designer Issues

I recently uninstalled visual studio 2012 from my PC which already had VS2010 installed. The uninstall messed up the UI designer dll’s and I got the following errors in SSIS & SSMS

Couldn’t open SSIS packages


The database diagram designer had trouble opening..



The cause the dll’s at the following location are corrupted
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\microsoft shared\MSDesigners8

The fix:
1.       Use the installation CD  of vs2010 and repair or
2.       Just copy the MSDesigners8 files from a PC which doesn’t have this issue.
The second choice is easier, I copied the files from my colleagues PC and replaced the contents in the MSDesigners8  folder. 


You if you have the same issue, you can download  the dll’s  here
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz1hNSwS5Wi4WU95OG5ERTQ4cG8/edit?usp=sharing



No comments:

Post a Comment